Saint Anne's R.C. Church
88 Second Ave, Brentwood NY 11717
Telephone: 631-273-8113 • Fax: 631-436-7914
Parish Website: www.stannebrentwood.org
Monday - Friday: 12:00 Noon and 5:00 PM* (English)
Wednesday: 7:30 PM (French Creole)
Thursday: 7:00 PM (Spanish)
Saturday Morning Daily Mass: 9:00 AM (English)
Saturday: 5:00 PM (English), 7:00 PM (Spanish)
Sunday: 7:30 AM (English), 9:00 AM (Spanish), 11:00 AM (English), 12:30 PM (French Creole), 3:00 PM (Spanish), 5:00 PM (English), 6:00 PM (Spanish)
Daily: Monday – Friday 4:30 PM*
Saturdays: 4:00 - 4:45 PM
* new time as of 10/19/20
Background Screening Update
The Office for the Protection of Children and Young People:
The Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People (The Charter) promulgated by the Bishops of the United States in 2002 outlines specific practices and guidelines providing standards of safety in parishes and dioceses throughout the United States. As directed in The Charter, the Diocese of Rockville Centre requires all employees, clergy, and volunteers to complete three requirements within thirty days of employment or volunteering:
- Attend Protecting God’s Children Program (Virtus)
- Sign the Codes of Conduct;
- Complete a background screen application. The Diocese requires all those who remain in active ministry be rescreened at 5 yr. intervals. volunteers/employees.
In this week’s Gospel Jesus reminds us that when we care for the poor, hungry, sick, tired, and lonely, we are loving him. We also remember this Sunday that Jesus is the King. If we wish to be in service to our King, we must be in service to those in need.
As a family watch video in its entirety than ask each other this question. How can you recognize the needs of others and help fill those needs?
Family Prayer: Jesus, help us to notice when someone is poor, sick, lonely, hungry, or in need in any way. Amen
Watch video as a family.
Below is a video of the story of Jesus. Click the link for your language
Dear Sisters and Brothers,
Happy Thanksgiving to all and to everyone !!! It’s hard to believe we are already at Thanksgiving week. Historically the feast was inspired by the immigrants to the “new world” as early as beginning of 1600 referring to the harvest festival, than over the time it grew into the National Feast. Those historical developments took place in different states and times, but eventually the First National Proclamation of Thanksgiving was given by the Continental Congress in 1777.
Today I want to ask everyone to be more personal about your Thanksgiving, not so much as a National Holiday, but as a personal attitude towards everyday life. Yearly feast reminds us of the necessity to be grateful for all the blessings, but if we are able to make it a daily practice, it is going to enrich our everyday lives. In the Gospel, when Jesus cured 10 lepers as He asked them to go to see the priests, only one came back to give thanks for being cured. Are you the one, grateful and happy believer who came back and keeps coming back??? Or are you the one among the nine who did not come back yet, to say thanks to Jesus for what He has done for you???
Queridas Hermanas y Hermanos,
Feliz Dia de Acción de Gracias a todos y para todos!!! Es difícil creer que ya estamos en la semana de Acción de Gracias. Historicamente, la fiesta fue inspirada por los inmigrantes del “nuevo mundo” ya a principios de 1600 en referencia a la fiesta de la cosecha, que con el tiempo se convirtió en la Fiesta Nacional. Esos acontecimientos históricos tuvieron lugar en diferentes estados y épocas, pero finalmente el Congreso Continental dio la Primera Proclamación Nacional de Acción de Gracias en 1777.
Hoy quiero pedirles a todos que sean mas personales acerca de su Acción de Gracias, no tanto como una fiesta nacional, sino como una actitud personal hacia la vida cotidiana. La fiesta anual nos recuerda la necesidad de estar agradecidos por todas las bendiciones, pero si somos capaces de convertirla en una practica diaria, enriquecerá nuestra vida diaria. En el Evangelio, cuando Jesus curo a 10 leprosos cuando les pidió que fueran a ver a los sacerdotes, solo uno regreso para dar gracias por haber sido curado. ¿Eres tu el único creyente agradecido y feliz que regreso y sigue regresando??? ¿O eres tu entre los nueve que aun no regresaron para agradecerle a Jesus por lo que ha hecho por ti?
November 21st/ 22nd , 2020
1. All the best to the People of El Salvador, to our Salvadoran community and to all who honor Our Lady of Peace. May the Queen of Peace help us to live in peace and harmony with all.
2. This Thursday November 26th we celebrate Thanksgiving Day, we will celebrate our only mass at 9 A.M. It will be trilingual Mass and families will receive some blessed bread to share with their loved ones at their Thanksgiving meal.
3. The Parish office will be closed on Thanksgiving day, November 26th and Friday 27th, we will open again on Saturday November 28th from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. as always.
Noviembre 21/22, 2020 – Cristo Rey del Universo
1. Felicitades a todo El Pueblo del Salvador, a toda nuestra comunidad Salvadoren’a, y a todos que veneran La Virgen de la Paz. Que La Reina de la Paz ayudanos a vivir en paz con todos.
2. Este jueves, noviembre 26, celebraremos el Dia de Acción de Gracias, celebraremos una sola misa a las 9 A.M. será trilingüe y las familias recibirán pan bendecido para compartir con sus seres queridos en su comida de acción de gracias.
3. La Oficina de la parroquia estará cerrada el día de Acción de Gracias, noviembre 26 y el viernes 27, abriremos de nuevo el sábado 28 de 9 a.m. a 1 p.m. en su horario habitual.
As Catholics, our respect for life should include those who have left this world and moved on to their eternal life. November is the month that the Catholic Church dedicates to the Souls in Purgatory. Following All Saints Day on November 1st, we have the feast of all souls Day on November 2nd.
It is our job, as the Church Militant, to pray for those loved ones who reside in the Church Penitent - our loved ones in purgatory. Our prayers help cleanse them of their sins so they may gain entrance into the Church Triumphant - heaven.