Saint Anne's R.C. Church
88 Second Ave, Brentwood NY 11717
Telephone: 631-273-8113 • Fax: 631-436-7914
Parish Website: www.stannebrentwood.org
Monday - Friday: 12:00 Noon and 5:00 PM* (English)
Wednesday: 7:30 PM (French Creole)
Thursday: 7:00 PM (Spanish)
Saturday Morning Daily Mass: 9:00 AM (English)
Saturday: 5:00 PM (English), 7:00 PM (Spanish)
Sunday: 7:30 AM (English), 9:00 AM (Spanish), 11:00 AM (English), 12:30 PM (French Creole), 3:00 PM (Spanish), 5:00 PM (English), 6:00 PM (Spanish)
Daily: Monday – Friday 4:30 PM*
Saturdays: 4:00 - 4:45 PM
* new time as of 10/19/20
Pick up a free copy of Matthew Kelly's new book at the entrance of the church
(while supplies last).
12/5/21 - Second Sunday of Advent - Cycle C
In this Sunday’s Gospel, John the Baptist (Jesus’ cousin) goes all over the country around the Jordan River and tells everyone to prepare for the coming of the Messiah. John was not afraid to talk about Jesus and to encourage people to repent and turn away from sin. John gave hope to people. He shared the Good News of Jesus, that he was coming to save them, and we should share this too.
When we light one more candle this Sunday, hopefully it will continue to remind us of how we are called to make changes in our lives and make a straight path to the Lord.
As a family, watch video in its entirety and then ask each other this question.
What changes must I make within me that is standing in the way of growing closer to Jesus?
Family Prayer: Lord, help us to recognize what hurts your heart and have the courage to work to change it. Amen
Below is a video of the story of Jesus. Click the link for your language
December 5, 2021 - Second Sunday of Advent
Dear Sisters and Brothers,
This week we will celebrate the feast of the Immaculate Conception, the Patroness of the Church in USA. The Blessed Mother is the only human person that is “Full of Grace”. Jesus is fully human, but in the same time he is as well fully divine. The Blessed Mother received the grace of the freedom from original sin, and so became a worthy “God-Bearer”. She is capable of recognizing and fulfilling God’s will in all things. Her life is a perfect response to the plan of salvation for her and for the rest of humanity. There is plenty to admire and to learn for us, as we contemplate the life and person of the Blessed Mother.
12/5/21 - Segundo Domingo de Adviento
Queridas Hermanas y Hermanos,
Esta semana celebraremos la fiesta de la Inmaculada Concepción, Patrona de la Iglesia en los Estados Unidos. Las Benditas Madre es la única persona humana que esta “Llena de Gracia”. Jesus es completamente humano, pero al mismo tiempo es también completamente divino. La Santisima Madre recibió la gracia de la libertad del pecado original, y asi se convirtió en una digna “Portadora de Dios”. Ella es capaz de volver a cumplir la voluntad de Dios en todas las cosas. Su vida es una respuesta perfecta al plan de salvación para ella y para el resto de la humanidad. Hay mucho que admirar y aprender para nosotros, al contemplar la vida y la persona de la Santisima Madre.
Announcements & November 27 & 28, 2021
1.. We thank you for your generosity to our parish, be it in material support be it in serving our community in different capacities. We thank all those who helped to share their blessings with those in need for Thanksgiving. God bless you always!
2.. If you would like to provide a Christmas gift for a family in need, please take the tag from our giving tree by St. Anne statue, and return the gift with the tag and bring it to church or to the parish office.
3. Coming Thursday, December 2nd we will celebrate is first Thursday of Adoration, we invite everybody to adoration starting after 7 p.m. Mass until 12 am.
At the adoration we will start novena to the Virgin of CAACUPE in Paraguay. Rest of the novena will be celebrated in the houses of the families.
4. The Paraguayan feast of the Virgin of CAACUPE we will celebrate on Thursday, December 9th at 7:00pm. After Mass we will serve Paraguayan food.
5. Coming Friday December 3rd we will start the novena to Our Lady of Guadalupe every day at 8:00pm in the church. The feast we will celebrate on Saturday December 11, with reception and manianitas after the 7:00pm Mass.
Have a blessed week!
ANUNCIOS noviembre 27 y 28
1 Damos gracias a todos por su generosidad a nuestra parroquia, ya sea material o en los diferentes servicios. Gracias de compartir por la fiesta del Agradecimiento. Dios les bendiga siempre.
2. Si desea de ayudar a los nececidados con regalo de navidad, lleva la tarjeta de regalo del árbol cerca de la estaua de Santa Ana, y trae lo a la iglesia siguiente domingo o a la oficina de la parroquia.
3. Este jueves 2 de diciembre, celebraremos el primer jueves de adoración, invitamos a todos a la adoración a partir de las 7 p.m. hasta las 12 de la noche. En la adoración comenzará la novena a la Virgen del CAACUPE en Paraguay. El resto de la novena se celebrará en las casas de las familias.
4. La fiesta Paraguaya de la Virgen del CAACUPE la celebraremos el jueves 9 de diciembre a las 7:00 pm. Después de la misa serviremos comida paraguaya.
5. Este viernes 3 de diciembre, comenzaremos la novena a Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe. La novena seguirá todos los días a las 8:00pm en la iglesia. Celebraremos su fiesta el sábado 11 de diciembre con compartir y con manianitas. Todos son invitados.
Dios bendiga a todos siempre.
Background Screening Update
The Office for the Protection of Children and Young People:
The Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People (The Charter) promulgated by the Bishops of the United States in 2002 outlines specific practices and guidelines providing standards of safety in parishes and dioceses throughout the United States. As directed in The Charter, the Diocese of Rockville Centre requires all employees, clergy, and volunteers to complete three requirements within thirty days of employment or volunteering:
- Attend Protecting God’s Children Program (Virtus)
- Sign the Codes of Conduct;
- Complete a background screen application. The Diocese requires all those who remain in active ministry be rescreened at 5 yr. intervals. volunteers/employees.
Police Alert Residents of Scams
The 'Equality Act' discriminates against people of faith and threatens unborn life.Tell Congress you oppose it!
2- Enter "Saint Anne’s
Church" in Parish or
3- Click Next
4- Enter your name & email
5- Click Sign Up
Spell "Saint Anne's" this way: