Saint Anne's R.C. Church
88 Second Ave, Brentwood NY 11717
Telephone: 631-273-8113 • Fax: 631-436-7914
Parish Website: www.stannebrentwood.org
Monday - Friday: 12:00 Noon and 5:30 PM (English)
Wednesday: 7:30 PM (French Creole)
Thursday: 7:00 PM (Spanish)
Saturday Morning Daily Mass: 9:00 AM (English)
Saturday: 5:00 PM (English), 7:00 PM (Spanish)
Sunday: 7:30 AM (English), 9:00 AM (Spanish), 11:00 AM (English), 12:30 PM (French Creole), 3:00 PM (Spanish), 5:00 PM (English), 6:00 PM (Spanish)
All Our Raffle Winners!
Dear Sisters and Brothers,
Last Sunday in the Gospel we learned from Jesus, that forgiveness is not an option for the Christian, but it is a necessity. Only by forgiving that we are forgiven, and by forgiveness that we are saved. It is a difficult lesson because sometimes we don't know how to forgive - always. It feels so difficult, but we know, that it is the only way to God. Saint John Paul II wrote an Encyclical - God is rich in Mercy. God always forgives the one that is repented. His Mercy is infinite.
Today, Jesus is teaching us about generosity of God, that goes beyond what human mind can capture, but it is perceived by a loving heart. It is in nature of God to be generous beyond human measure, to be generous infinitely, as He is infinite. The treasury of God's gifts never gets empty, He always has more to give. It is not difficult for us to understand it, but it is impossible for us to imitate it. God's giving is based on God's wisdom, He gives us what we need and not what we want.
Queridas Hermanas y Hermanos,
El Domingo pasado en el Evangelio aprendimos de Jesus, que el perdón no es una opción para el Cristiano, pero es una necesidad. Solo perdonando que seamos perdonados, y mediante el perdón que seamos salvos. Es una lección difícil porque a veces no sabemos perdonar, siempre. Se siente tan difícil, pero sabemos que es el único camino a Dios. San Juan Pablo II escribió una encíclica: Dios es rico en Misericordia. Dios siempre perdona al que se arrepiente. Su Misericordia es infinita.
Hoy, Jesus nos esta enseñando sobre la generosidad de Dios, que va mas alla de lo que la mente humana puede captar, pero es percibida por un corazón amoroso. Esta en la naturaleza de Dios ser generoso mas alla de la medida humana, ser infinitamente generoso, como El es infinito. El tesoro de los dones de Dios nunca se vacia, El Siempre tiene mas para dar. No nos es difícil entenderlo, pero no es imposible imitarlo. El dar de Dios se basa en la sabiduría de Dios, El nos da lo que necesitamos y no lo que queremos.
Did your brother or sister ever get allowance when they did not do their chores?
It can feel unfair when someone gets paid when they did not work as hard as you did.
Jesus says, “The last will be first, and the first will be last.” Jesus is generous.
He reminds us there is room for everyone in his Church and in Heaven.
As a family, watch video in its entirety and then ask each other this question.
When did you want to be first, but did not get to be?
Name something positive about being last or putting others first.
Family Prayer: Dear Jesus, show us how to put others first. Remind us that you love
all of us and you want us to love each other. Amen
- Parish Outreach - We will reopen our Parish Outreach Office on a limited schedule, Monday & Tuesday only 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM by appointment only. Only those who are parishioners in our church and known to us will be serviced first. Please continue to help those in need in any way you can by donating food or making monetary donations. You may drop off your donations at the Parish Office during regular business hours.
- Soup Kitchen food distribution (pantry packages) will be distributed on August 8th, August 22nd, September 12th, September 26th, October 10th, November 7th, November 21st, December 5th, December 19th. Sign up begins at 9:30am.
August 30, 2020; 22nd Sunday in Ordinary Time
Our MEGA RAFFLE tickets are now on sale. We have now sold 239 TICKETS. We only have a WEEK left to sell the tickets, so please buy a Raffle, they are $100 each. The drawing will be held on Labor Day weekend Sept. 6th. The tickets you may purchase after the Mass at the main exit of the church, or at the Parish Office.
We encourage everyone, to please bring your family back to church again, bring a friend or a neighbor back to church. Last weekend, we had in total at all the masses 1130 people, celebrating in a safe environment.
Our additional Spanish Masses are doing great. They are on Saturday - 7:00 p.m. Sunday - 9:00 a.m. 3:00 p.m. and 6:00p.m.
We will continue to live stream some of our masses for the comfort of those who are
homebound due to the Virus.
If you are unable to come to church, and would like to support our parish, you may
consider to make a donation online. Just follow the instructions on our parish
website. You may do it through your cellphone or computer.
ANUNCIOS: AGOSTO 23 2020
- Nuestras nuevas Misas adicionales en Español están siendo bien acogida. Sus opciones de Misas en Español continuan Los
Sabado -7:00pm Domingo -9:00am -3:00pm y 6:00pm
- Nuestros Boletos para la MEGA RIFA siguen estando a la venta. Hemos vendido 159 Boletos. Solo quedan 3 SEMANAS para vender los demás boletos, asi que compre en suyo ahora solo cuesta $100 dolares por boleto. El sorteo se llevara a cabo el fin de semana del Dia del Trabajo o sea Septiembre 6. Los boletos se pueden comprar después de las Misa en la salida principal de la iglesia o en la Oficina Parroquial.
- Animamos a todos a que por favor sigan trayendo a sus familiares a la Iglesia nuevamente, traigan a un amigo o vecino. El fin de semana pasado, tuvimos un total de todas las misas de 1,151 personas, celebrando en un ambiente seguro. Continuaremos transmitiendo en vivo algunas de nuestras misas para la comodidad de aquellos que están confinados a sus hogares debido al Virus.
From Deacon's Bench
By Deacon John
I wanted to take a moment to thank all those who have been reading my daily reflections. I really appreciate your taking time from your day to read what was written. I especially appreciate all those who took time to comment on the reflections.
Today I am writing to let you know that I’ll be taking some time off from writing the daily reflection. I began writing at the start of the COVID 19 lockdown, in the beginning of Lent.
Now that summer is here it’s time to recharge.
Please know that you are always in my prayers and daily intentions.
Please continue to pray for me. See you in church!
Peace and blessings